View Single Post
Old Wed May 24, 2017, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to falsecut Send a message via AIM to falsecut Send a message via Yahoo to falsecut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaincoach View Post
The issues brought up in this thread are precisely why so many Little League organizations across the country are in turmoil. WAY too many "local" rules that were probably discussed for a grand total of 20 or 30 seconds before a bunch of parents (aka "the board) voted them in. Nobody wants to read the rule book. They just want to make it up as they go along.

Here's a softball rule that I've been unable to get our local park district consortium to change: "A batter who swings at a pitch and is hit by the ball in the hands on the swing is not considered a hit by pitch. If the ball is in fair territory, it must be played as a fair ball. If the ball is in foul territory, it is considered a foul ball."

Not only is this contrary to every rule set I ever heard of, but it gives the girl the opportunity of standing at home plate in pain while they throw her out at first. I've tried to get someone to dump this rule for years but can't even figure out who is on the rules committee. I'm guessing but don't know that this came about because some argument ensued sometime about whether the ball hit hands or bat and this is their compromise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk