View Single Post
Old Tue May 23, 2017, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBaseballDad View Post
My son hit a deep line drive fly on an unfenced field and rounded all bases and was sent home where there was NO throw or contact at the plate. My son crossed the plate and was thrown out for not sliding. (It would have been his first home run).

I've been reading the rules as well as the comments posted here.

I also understand that the "spirit" of the rule is to avoid collisions at the plate.

Questions for the forum:

Should this ruling be protested? (For the win as well as to affect change in how this rule is enforced).

Should this rule be specifically amended?

Lastly, my son hit a triple in a game and was also called out for taking a primary lead, but the rule saying it was a mandatory out and no warning or teaching would be applied was administered the SAME day as the call.

I'm also proud to say that I've taught my son to abide by rulings and NEVEr argue a call. He handles himself with composure. I just feel that the rules are bring applied poorly and without any thoughtful interpretation.

What does the group think?
I have umpired leagues that have a "Must Slide" and have had coaches demand that I call a runner out for not sliding into home plate when the ball was still in centerfield.
Such stupidity does not even deserve a response.
Was this the case with your son?

Last edited by MT 73; Tue May 23, 2017 at 08:15pm.