View Single Post
Old Mon May 22, 2017, 10:35am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I'm just curious about the mandated mechanic, although at my age, I could care less about getting dinged. Over the years, I have seen more and more micro-managing, down to the littlest detail and mechanic. I could see this becoming another area where refs get dinged for showing right hand, then left, instead of both simultaneously, or vice versa. Maybe it will come down to "when in Rome" or "what your assigned expects."

I never thought about comparing this to calling balls and strikes, Rich, although I do umpire baseball. Now I'll really get confused!
I doubt seriously they are going to mandate any of that other than to stay that the right hand is the first digit and left hand is the second digit.

I cannot imagine that anyone is going to be mandating from the NF how or the specific technique of how you show those numbers. If they do, I will be shocked. The NF for a long time did not tell us how to say the numbers, so I doubt they will do anything else other than say, "Come to a stop..." type suggestions they have had in the past.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon May 22, 2017 at 12:18pm.