View Single Post
Old Thu May 11, 2017, 03:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Rut, of course states can do what they want, as you point out on seemingly every thread. But the reality is that most states follow NFHS mechanics with one or two, if any, minor deviations. Two hands will become the standard in probably every strict-FED state now.
Most state? Are you sure about this? I have been on this board for some time and there are many things that states do that do not follow the strict-FED positions. Heck just the shirts people wear are not stated as "allowed" by the NF mechanics or even rules. But I do not see people here trying to tell everyone why they should follow the shirt requirement which clearly stated to not be the bigger stripes or the grey shirts that were the rage over 10 years ago. And it cracks me up that this was so important, but other things not followed or stances were not followed and no one cared.

Again, this is such a non-issue. I am a college official that gladly uses two hands to report fouls at the Men's level. I do not think it is such a game changer as it was suggested it will be. We have people that cannot report very well with one hand, I do not think they will get better with two. And unless I read something, you still have to come to a stop and we know how many people hardly ever do that, because it is not cool. Oh, and JD Collins at the NCAA level wants officials to stop and report their fouls with two hands. But NBA wannabees will keep doing what they want to do either way. After all, the NBA has the best mechanics right?

Peace