View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2017, 09:26am

As for the last second shot possibilities, I was at an NCAA Women's camp and the discussion there was 4 last second shot opportunities adds excitement to the game, makes the officials stay engaged, promotes game clock and shot clock awareness, etc. To each their own. Being an NCAA women's official, I like it.

Our state interpreter shared this with me. Both he and the NFHS State liaisons wanted to see the one and one eliminated with 2 shots after the 5th in a quarter and a reset of the foul count each quarter. They also wanted the 28' coaches box with a warning for the first violation of the boundary, 28' mark or end line, (coach completely outside of the boundary) to be recorded in the scorebook (assuming no egregious behavior) followed by a technical foul and loss of the box for any subsequently observed boundary violation. The also wanted any uniform/apparel violations to be dealt with a through a technical foul to the head coach similar to the pre-game dunking rule because they didn't feel the "you cannot play until rectified" is working. They wanted the officials to have no choice or discretion which then puts it on the coaches who will get the point after a technical foul or two. In our state, three techs to a coach results in a suspension.