View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2001, 10:29pm
In Memoriam

Re: Free throw Postioning ???

Quote:
Originally posted by TKATNL
First of all, thanks to all the pro's for your valued input on my last thread, it is now very clear and with time I will polish my judgement on the call. My next question in which Matt touched base on in his post. If I'm the lead offical on the baseline and I call a foul in where there will be two shoots, I report to the score table and return to the baseline or does the trail offical take that place. On the other hand if I'm the trail offical and the lead calls a foul do I automatically take the baseline lead and administer the free throws or do I stay put and he will resume that position ? I have done 12 games now and they are actually going well, but each offical seems to do it a little diffrently from game to game. What is the correct mechanics ???? Thanks again gentlemen !!!!
TK,
The suggested mechanic is for the non-calling offical to freeze his vision on the court while the foul is being reported, and when the calling offical turns to observe the court, the non-calling offical initiates the switch. So, if the Lead is non-calling, he will go to Trail. If the Trail is non-calling he goes to Lead.
And, (Very Important), as a newer offical, you may not realize, that you don't chase the ball. Keep you attention on the players, and you know what? The ball will come to you.
mick