View Single Post
Old Wed May 03, 2017, 02:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncorrectCall View Post
Meaning? We are talking about mechanics, not officiating skill/talent.

It takes no certain level of the latter to use a set of mechanics.
Yes and mechanics are developed based on the skill of the participants using them. There is a reason the NF in just about every sport keeps things very basic an vanilla. Again, you are dealing with people that have never officiated to people that have 50 years in the same process. You start requiring or even having things that many do not pay attention to in the first place, you might get a certain level of inconsistency. Again it seems only people that really care what the NF does are people that work other levels. Rarely do I hear a only high school officials really get upset over a mechanics change. For example my state in another sport is changing a mechanic that has been the standard in college and in pro for years. My state wants to make that change and there are already people complaining about that change to the point where there are even people suggesting they will not do the change (which will be very noticeable). Everyone is not clamoring to do what the other levels do or advocate, even if you or I feel it is a better process.

Peace