View Single Post
Old Mon May 01, 2017, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
I've heard a few choice remarks in a women's fast pitch league I worked in Virginia a few years ago when I lived up there. But these were adult women in their 20s and older. And when I played co-ed slow pitch, some of our females were known to let loose on occasion.

But I have never heard anything as you describe it in college ball or below. Yeah, there's the occasional utterance of a curse word out of frustration, almost always under breath that I can only hear when I'm standing close to the player.
I agree. I've seen it much more among "adults" playing slow pitch and rec. league ballgames than I have ever with 18 and under players. Here's where it gets funny (and sad) in my own personal observations over the years--I've seen these same potty-mouth disgusting "adults" take their own kids out of Little League because the coach yelled at a player or some parent smoked a cigarette 50 yards away from the field. Then the REAL reason shows the next weekend because the "adults" were more interested in playing slow pitch than taking their own kids to Little League. As a result, the kids end up standing behind the fence babysitting themselves while mommy and daddy are standing on the field with a cooler of Budweiser in the dugout.