View Single Post
Old Mon May 01, 2017, 01:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I'm not sure if you could tell or not, but I was agreeing with you and Rich, not disagreeing. There are NBA mechanics I prefer to NFHS, but we shouldn't implement them in high school just for the sake of being like the NBA.
I was not commenting on whether you agreed with me or not. I think the "best in the world" argument runs hollow to me and why I commented.

I was not talking about things like two-handed reporting or walking and talking, I am talking about primary coverages and philosophy for the most part the NBA holds. I think the NBA and even NCAA official is much more trained and competent to do some things. And the reality is that the NCAA has different rules which also would not easily apply to their level based on the NBA positions. At the high school level we have people that have never officiated before, that will officiate a game in the coming year. Or we have people that can hardly put two things together at the same time. Or better yet get certain officials to stop ball watching. Those are things that the NBA likely does not have to worry about in their systems. That was my point.

Peace