View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 27, 2017, 10:01am
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
In real time there would be a game administrator; in our experience, that is most often NOT the school's Athletic Director (he's at baseball, spring football, almost never at a softball game). Perhaps you meant game administrator; I read you contacting the school and the coach's boss, and that just isn't what an individual needs to be doing. Follow up needs to be done by administrator of umpires to administrator for the school (AD).
Yeah, that's who I really meant. Most often here in my neck, the game administrator is the AD. When there are both baseball and softball games going on at the same time, he/she covers both since the fields are usually right next to each other. And at schools where they're not co-located, he/she will typically be available via golf cart.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker