View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 26, 2017, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
I would've contacted the Athletic Director of the host school and let him/her know the situation. Down here my way, the police officer at our HS games are sometimes the home team's school resource officer who is essentially permanent school staff responsible for law enforcement and law education at the campus. They do tend to become acquaintances with home team fans since they seem them so often, and can understandably take a partial view toward the outcome of the game. But they certainly should not instigate any kind of negative fan reaction. If one does, the AD needs to know.

Otherwise, contact your assignor to let him/her know what happened. This officer needs to be reprimanded for his actions at your game, and your assignor should be able to find out who needs to take action.
As the umpire, I couldn't care less what happens amongst the fans. Nor could I care less what their opinions are. For that matter, sometimes their lack of knowledge is humorous.