View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 25, 2017, 08:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrt1 View Post
Even if their sole intent is to interfere with the play? it was easy to judge intent here because every time the coach was directing them to get further away from the line until he was sure they were blocking the 3rd baseman. I've never seen anything more intentional.
Show me a rule which forbids the runner returning to 3rd cannot do so in fair territory, by any margin of distance?

IMO, it is not INT, it is a deterrent. The runner's action does not prevent the catcher from throwing to 3B.
Quote:

Just like in the example of batter interference given in another thread. Batter is entitled to the entire batter's box and to pull back on a bunt. But when it is done in a deliberate manner for the sole purpose of interfering with the catcher, we have interference. I kind of equate the 2. In my base runner example, she is entitled to her path but when the runner is deliberately trying to block out the fielder do we not have something? Hard to think this one through.
Running is not INT. Waving the arms, jumping up in the air, doing anything that does not resemble moving toward a base, all could be INT, but not simply running in whatever path s/he may choose.