View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 25, 2017, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Who would have thought.......

Who would have thought the last game of the regular season, and a JV game no less would become the problem game of the year. Ball hit to F6, runner trucking hard for 1st head down trying to beat out the throw. Throw is off line and pulls F3 into baseline, she catches ball about 1/4 second before runner makes contact with her and both players end up on the ground. It was nothing but a train wreck, runner was never impeded, fielder had ball before contact and there was absolutely nothing malicious on the part of the runner. F3 maintained control of the ball and runner was out. Suddenly there is screaming from the stands about runner should be ejected with a retort from parents of other team. Things settle down for the moment as I see a uniformed police officer moving toward the middle of the crowd. Next batter steps into batters box and pitcher is taking signs when all of a sudden I hear F bombs and screaming going back and forth again over the play at 1st. I call time, call both coaches out and tell them to get their parents under control immediately which they do. No more incidents and we complete the game. As my partner and I are walking to the parking lot I mention I was surprised the uniformed police officer didnt step in sooner to control the situation. My partner says, ummm, he was the one who started it all.