View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 24, 2017, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The last couple of years, there has been an increase in this particular item, but this year during our HS Season it seems to have really increased....

Several umpires are making a point of addressing this in either the pre-game or during the game. I heard of one umpire that stopped the game four different times during an at-bat to tell players not to stand in the opening to the dugout.

Is this happening anywhere else? I'm trying to figure out where this came from.

Where the players stand in the dugout is not our concern...their conduct in the dugout could be, but that is a different issue.....

I'm just curious if this is a local thing or not...and it only seems to be an issue during the HS season. We do have a good portion of our HS umpires that only do HS for the three months of the year, so that could have something to do with it....
I will often point it out to a coach, certainly not stopping the game or any pre-game comment. No, it is not a rule and not our jurisdiction; but prefer to avoid any delay of the game for an unneeded injury. (Or blood on the field )