View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 20, 2017, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I remember that caseplay, but remember the opposite ruling. Guess we need to find it. If I recall correctly, the ruling even clarified that if there was a force, the scoring runner erased that force, and the runner could even return to 3rd if necessary.
My recollection was that was the ruling made on the field, after it went to whatever ruling body it was, I think it may have been a high school game, the official ruling was a trailing runner cannot score ahead of the lead runner even if they do not completely pass them.

I cant figure out how to search for it, I have tried several different subject topics and nothing comes up. Im pretty sure it was a high school game, and I also believe it was either a playoff or championship game it happened in with a UIC on site. My recollection was the run was scored since the runner did not completely pass the lead runner and the lead runner actually returned back to 3rd safely. After it went to national the ruling made was a trailing runner cannot score ahead of a lead runner even if they do not physically pass.

Last edited by RKBUmp; Thu Apr 20, 2017 at 01:35pm.