Thread: Testing
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2003, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Just spent four days delivering my son Matthew to the University of Puget Sound. A little different this time around. When my other son began college he was at a school 20 miles away. We knew we'd see him once in a while. Matthew is 307 miles (door to door) away. Had more of a feeling that a major part of our lives is over.

Anyway, When I got back I saw that Brad apparently felt the need for deputies. Three thoughts:

1. I have no problem with a board's owner deciding the level of appropriateness of posts, but I have to admit I find it strange that he feels the need for vigilantes.

2. Isn't ironic that no current employees of Official Forum were deputized? In fact, it seems that current employees might be the primary causes for Brad to swear in some deputies.

3. Who the heck is "mick?" No offense, mick, but you seem to like badges so much you became the deputy on 16 boards including one designed only for posters to test script and one that has never had a post. I knew a kid like that in high school. He was a hall monitor, lunchroom monitor, school dance monitor, parking lot monitor and a cross between PeeWee Herman and Josef Goebbels.

Questions:

Do the deputies get together and discuss a possible violation and come to agreement? Or do they act alone so that something that might be acceptable to two of them can be dumped by the third?

Should we submit posts for pre-approval when responding to threads that Peter starts?

Will this post survive?