View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 09, 2017, 06:34pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Most (?) states do not allow protests of HS games.

The OhioHSAA and the MichiganHSAA (the two states that Mark, Jr., are registered in) do not allow protests.

As F2 was attempting to throw the B/R out at 1B the "talking heads" were claiming that the Batter was out because 1B was occupied (what the hell do they know about the rules). The "talking heads" then claimed that the umpires were going to huddle which they did from what I could see and the channel then cut to a commercial. When it came back to the game the "talking heads" said the that the umpires had ruled that the Batter was out. They only way per rule the Batter could be out is if F2 inadvertently stepped on HP before releasing the ball on his throw to F3. The video did not have a good look at whether F2 stepped on or did not step on HP when he made his throw but the umpires allowed the runners run the bases and the fielders make plays on the runners.

I have talked with our assigner and he was going to review the game tape. I told him that I would gladly be corrected if F2 had stepped on HP and the video did not show it.

The irony is that last year the local sports channel showed VAR softball game where the PU awarded the batter 1B after striking out because the pitch hit her while she was swinging at the ball. The bad part was that the sports channel kept its camera and mic on the PU and the defensive coach as the PU told the DC why the batter was being awarded 1B. And our assigner was watching the game on TV.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Apr 09, 2017 at 06:52pm. Reason: Added a couple of paragraphs.