View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 07, 2017, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
You CAN NOT be serious. First of all, I do leadership training and consulting. I work with leaders and directors of all kinds of organizations. Even a few CEOs. One of the first things people who take my training courses learn is what leadership is not -- it is not about showing who's in charge. So I basically spit out my drink when I read your comment. It is like you trying to tell Roy Williams what mistakes he is making in recruiting. OK, OK maybe I'm not quite at the level in my profession that he is in his, but the comparison is still at least somewhat accurate. Feel silly yet? If not, keep reading. [OK, that comment was a little snotty; ignore!]

Second, my concerns are based on what was actually being worn. One guy was wearing a shirt with a collar. Shorts are all over the place. I don't think anyone has ever told these guys to do anything other than when to show up and wear something like a shirt and shorts -- so it isn't like they're married to their wardrobe. They have no idea there are better, more professional looking, products out there. I'm simply going to say something like, "hey guys, let's look a little more professional; here's a good quality shirt and a good brand of shorts if you are looking for suggestions."

Your original request did sound like you wanted to require volunteers to wear a specific pair of shorts.

Quote:
Not to derail the thread, but does anyone have any brand suggestions for black shorts? I'd like the guys to wear the same and I like the UA, but was wondering about other brands.
That did sound overboard for paid officials, much less volunteers. You didn't make it sound like it was going to be a suggestion. In your current reply, you made it clear that it was going to be a suggestion. But, that isn't how your original post on the topic read.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Sat Apr 08, 2017 at 12:45am.