Thread: Your Call?
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 24, 2003, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member

Well one thing I would be interested in that might affect my answer is what age group are you talking about? Obviously the rule says that they must leave the huddle immediately. Sometimes the incoming substitute doesn't communicate with the other players who he is coming in to replace. You obviously had some confusion that you referenced and there will always be problems like that in the first game.

My crew does not hold to an absolute 25 second clock in the first game as long as it is not abused. We do talk to the coach of the team that is pushing the clock if there is one and advise them that they can't assume that kind of leniency the next week so they should work on it. The thing is that the team going over 25 seconds to get the ball snapped usually isn't the team winning the game and a 25 second clock is easy to be lenient on.

Something as obvious as IS would be something to allow in the first game with a warning once or twice but it can't be a consistent thing allowed to go on and if it is late in the game then you probably should be less willing to let it go because they proved they could do it right all game.