View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2017, 06:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallemUp View Post
While I do agree that most "big time" college referees love to be seen, I also think there are a few great officials that never default to the over the top histrionics that sometimes just annoy the fans. Mike Eades, Jamie Luckie, Darron George, Keith Kimble are a few. They quietly and professionally go about calling a game without the showtime calls. Interestingly, these don't seem to get called out that often by the media, fans or even coaches. I wonder if there's a correlation.
I am not going to specifically point out the specific official you referenced. But I can tell you that one of these guys was accused by a commentator on ESPN (notorious for saying bad things about officials) that he always found a way to interject himself into a contest. And it was when some non-players were interfering with the court area and stopped the game to address this issue. So this again proves that if the right people are paying attention, there is someone that claims you do things the wrong way. Which is also an example of why you cannot listen to this silly standard of "We might get noticed, so do not do....."

I'm only posting this to show that not everyone is a fan of the people we think are held in a certain esteem. I have nothing against the official or the way he handled this situation. For all we know they were told to deal with this situation that was becoming a problem.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Wed Mar 29, 2017 at 06:49pm.