View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2017, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCref11 View Post
He runs like that because it keeps him from hamstring injuries. Jeff is a good ref and a better guy. Always makes time to come to board meetings and mentor younger officials. Proud of him for getting a Final 4 assignment.
Completely agree. I was at a camp where Mike Stephens and Jeff Anderson both attended. Stephens was an arrogant prick that said you could ask him any questions, he was there for us, yet when I approached him to ask a question, he looked up from his phone briefly (barely acknowledging me) and then gave a brush off answer. It was clear he had no interest in interacting. FTR - the question was how he watches his videos (what he looks for and focuses on) and what tips he could give me to get the most out of watching myself on video. Relevant since the camp videotaped us and I always end up watching the game instead of focusing on myself. Nobody ever really taught me how to watch myself and on video and use it to improve.

Jeff on the other hand was on the floor and interacting with us and giving us great feedback and tips on position to help see plays better.

It was like night and day. The experience really soured me on Mike from a personal level, especially since he gave this story about wanting to help the younger officials like others helped him and that he loves being the biggest advocate for his guys. I know others that work for him (he is a coordinator for some conferences up here) and they say he is great if you are one of his guys. I do think he is a great official and am happy for him.