View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 21, 2017, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
It's surely not the only factor.

But consider that this is a playoff game. You're not just working this for your assignor, but for other potential assignors as well, assignors that work higher levels.
Not really.

At the JV level you see V guys do games where they let this go and you say, "man if I did that game I wouldn't let that happen. Why do they keep getting these games?" At the V level you see JC/D3 guys do games and let this go and say "man if I did that game I wouldn't let that happen. Why do they keep getting these games?" This goes on and on, and the pure fact is NO ONE CARES. IF you can ref the game, manage the coach and the game, and the COACHES trust you YOU DO THE GAMES. The assignor has some power, but if all the coaches get to list 10 guys that they would want working the final four and all the coaches put the same 10-15 guys on that list. GUESS WHAT? The guys working those games will be FROM THAT LIST.

So you can keep thinking that the uniform rule will hold you back, but it wont. It will just be a half ass excuse or reason you are given to (1) not advance or (2) not work any more for an assignor.