View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
The call in question is at about the 1:45:30 mark... not a good angle on the initial view, but the replay at 1:46:15ish shows it clearly.

Also, white coach should've been whacked before the free throws for the foul... he was on the floor, across midcourt, nearly all the way to the black team's free throw line.
Lol, I was too focused on the black/red leg/arm sleeves on 2 players for the home team.

I could go on and on about the hijab issue. I have had games with that situation and each time the team provided the direct documentation. How could that many officials not inform the school/state association/other officials/the player/AD/etc? How could it not be common knowledge that that school had a player wearing one and it not be addressed waaaaaay in advance? How could the state association react that way? How could all of the previous officials not be disciplined in some way? Why would the state association care about the NFHS when they can create their own allowed deviation from the rule just as shot clocks, coaching boxes, and other rules are? How could the AD not have investigated at the beginning of the school year when discovering a student might possibly participate? How could the player/coach/parents not have inquired with all school officials before the season began? Why didn't the player remove it to play? Oh, you mean she did not want to deviate from her religion's rule but they all want the officials to deviate from the rules? (yea, that is a little extreme but still) OK, rant over and it appears that i did go on and on anyway. Sorry, no need for anyone to respond to me, just bugs me big time when something negative happens to a student athlete as the result of a whole bunch of people (adults) not acting appropriately. I will expect fine coming for post containing too many words