View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 12, 2017, 04:16pm
Administrator

I do not have a problem with the L making this call because he is officiating the defense in the paint. But I do have a problem with both the L and C.

The L should have been closing down before the offensive player started her drive to the basket.

The C was too far out. He was on a line that was tangent to the top of the key and perpendicular to his sideline. His starting point should have been at the free throw line extended. And he too did not close down as the offensive player started her drive to the basket. Had the C used better positioning he too could have made this charge call.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. I just read NevadaRef's comments. I agree 100% with him (except a philosophical one with regard to using the term: secondary defender. There is no such thing as a secondary defender.) I never watched what the L called and I am appalled that he called a block on such an easy charge call. The C should have really made this call and the C should be making a charge call here.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Mar 12, 2017 at 04:20pm. Reason: Added P.S.