View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 06, 2017, 02:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
As for calling the T anyway, being OOB isn't enough for the throwin to start (and to start the 5 count). In this case, the thrower was just getting OOB and turned around. I would not have started the throwin yet. I would call a T if the defender slapped the ball out of his hands before the thrower could get the ball OOB, turned around and ready to may the throw....the same as if he were to knock it out of his hands when grabbing it out of the net.
Not criticizing your grammar in anyway, just made a factual statement. I simply want to understand you before making a response. Man, you get defensive fast.

Quote:
As for calling the T anyway, being OOB isn't enough for the throwin to start (and to start the 5 count).
The thrower and ball, and their location IB or OB, has nothing to do with the start of a throw-in and the throw in count. Not sure why you mentioned that part unless what I just typed was what you meant.

Quote:
In this case, the thrower was just getting OOB and turned around. I would not have started the throwin yet.
Can't disagree more. To me, the player was obviously OB. If ball on OB side and hit, then T. If ball on IB side and hit, then continue play. And not sure what difference it makes when "you" start the throw-in.

No need to respond to this Cam. You won't get any more exchanges with me.

(In some way, this all reminds me of when I was in Portland in 1980 watching Mount St. Helens erupt)

Last edited by bucky; Mon Mar 06, 2017 at 02:45am.