View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 04, 2017, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ1960 View Post
Tarp against fence well away from fair territory down 3rd base line. Home coach wants to play surface of tarp as "live" unless the ball enters the roller or goes between fence and tarp. All agree that standing on tarp puts you in dead ball situation.

Partner declares that "The Rule" is that if any player touches the tarp with the bottom of her foot, she has entered dead ball territory.

I'm cross eyed reading rule 5. Closest I can come is when you have a foot completely in dead ball territory.

(I am aware that the Umpire sets the ground rules... just looking to find his "always" regarding a tarp).
If the ball can carom off it and still be live, it cannot otherwise be declared DBT. What SHOULD be done is that the home coach takes control of the situation by having the ground crew drop a DBT line around the tarp. But I guess that may be a bit much for some of these coaches to understand.