View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 24, 2017, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
You have misunderstood the rulings. One play involves a coach requesting a TO when they are not allowed, and the other is a player. Saying the official is permitted to inquire if they still want the TO is an acknowledgement that ONE hasn't been granted yet, it's not "an official can flat out ignore a legal TO request."

Also NOT granting a coach a TO when he can legally request one (during a stoppage of play) will guarantee a call from your assignor IF the coach contacts said assignor (which in my experience with this stuff they will).
I agree with this, but please correct me if I'm wrong;

During both case plays when the TOs are requested, is the ball live (in-play)?

The ball is at the disposal of the thrower-in and the other a player is airborne. During these plays, TOs can be requested but not legally granted. If they are granted by the official, it is an IW. At this point, the official "is permitted to inquire as to whether Team A still wants a timeout." The official can say at the spot, " My IW, the coach is not allowed to request a TO." It is up to the official if he wants to to put the ball in play or ask if the Coach A still wants a TO; at least that is what I am understanding.

Last edited by dahoopref; Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 02:24pm.