View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2017, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Appreciate the words of advice, guys. A couple things about those-

I would say maybe 5-10% of the guys in this league played past high school. In fact, it would surprise me if 75% even played varsity based on their skillsets today. The quality of basketball is very poor, which makes it less fun.

I'm not going to let F bombs go. I guess I should have specified that they were directed at me (you've got to be f'ing kidding me, and that's a f'ing joke of a call). Sorry, just not going to do it.

Not letting shoving go. I'm not big enough to stop a fight, so I'm going to put an end to it fast and let their teams deal with it.

I had every intention of finishing out the season, but without the support of the league coordinator, I have no reason to. The guys that ref it are mostly weekend 5th-8th AAU tourney guys. None that I've worked with work any varsity, so to be honest, that's the league coordinator's problem.

As far as staying in shape, I run 55-70 miles a week so I'm not worried about that part.

I don't mean to come off as a prick, I honestly appreciate the feedback. Just giving you my reasons for why I'm doing what I'm doing.