View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2017, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

IW - Time out by time not in control

Same coach as running out of bounds question. This one has a steak dinner riding on it. 2 man crew, JV Boys.

Team A has the ball. Coach B yells time out and the "T" right in front of the bench has a brain fart and blows whistle to grant time out. ( I am sure most of us have done that sometime in our past)

We know right away we have an IW. Now that the ball is dead, we confirm with Coach B that he still wants the time out and we grant it. Coach A is adamant that we have to call a T on Coach B for calling a time out without the ball.

I explain it is an officials mistake and an IW. The penalty for calling an excessive time out is a T. He says he has been teched twice for calling a time out without the ball. In fact he is so confident of the rule he told me he would buy me a steak dinner if he was wrong.

Would any of you call a T for the time out? The only case I could think of was if you believed Coach B was being deceitful and tiring to show you up.