The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS Basketball Rule 3-5-3(b)

From the uniform standpoint of what referees will question or allowing players to wear in games, when it comes to the compression tights, what/how is the interpretation of high school rule 3-5-3(b) being applied by your officials association and or state office?

Include the situation when identifying the predominate team jersey color from many different color schemes.
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 12:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am not under the impression if that will be any different than we did in the past. The rule says what it says and we will have to wait for further comment when we have our rules meetings. But something tells me if the jersey is white, they must wear white as the predominate color, not the green trim that might be on the jersey.

Peace
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 12:24pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Black And Beige Are The New White ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But something tells me if the jersey is white, they must wear white as the predominate color, not the green trim that might be on the jersey.
Certainly not green, but how about black, or beige, in addition to white?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 12:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Certainly not green, but how about black, or beige, in addition to white?
The question was asked about the predominate color requirement, not what other colors could be used.

OK how about this. If you have a gray jersey with some green trim on the edges, you probably are not in compliance with the rule if you are wearing a green sleeve on your arm. You must wear grey or the other colors.

Peace
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:07pm
Ok is the new good

A General Question: Why is there such a focus on Uniforms and us being the fashion Police?
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
A General Question: Why is there such a focus on Uniforms and us being the fashion Police?
The NF is probably trying to standardize all these items but IMO they are overstepping or making this an issue for the wrong people to enforce.

Peace
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Orange Is The New Black ...

Quote:
Why is there such a focus on Uniforms and us being the fashion Police?
Simple. Because of the 2014-15 rule "Fashion Police" rule change. Without the change we would be down to the usual number of "Fashion Police" threads, and posts.

Plus, we all want to know the rules backward, and forward, so that we can earn our "Fashion Police" badges, and secret decoder rings.

On the other hand, there's Gold Hat's opinion: "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 19, 2014 at 02:21pm.
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:19pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:

It has been stated that the idea behind all this is too discourage an individual player from drawing attention to himself.

"No, young man, you are not allowed to wear that fluorescent pink sleeve in the game tonight."

Lonesome Dove
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The NF is probably trying to standardize all these items but IMO they are overstepping or making this an issue for the wrong people to enforce.
Like coaches? On the day that the uniforms are passed out, the coach just has to say, "At home you can wear this color undershirt, headband, wristbands, arm sleeves, and leg sleeves. On the road, you can wear this color undershirt, headband, wristbands, arm sleeves, and leg sleeves. That's it. No other colors are allowed. Period. If you don't like that then it's my way, or the highway, so hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more.

Old Mon Oct 27, 2014, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Rule Interp

since the home team must wear white their arm sleeves, leg sleeve, tights, knee pads can only be white, beige, or black. The must match if wearing both arm sleeves and tights or knee pads or leg sleeve and all teammates have to wear the same color. The away team also follows that but can also wear predominate color arm/leg sleeve, tights, knee pads of their jersey.
If players are wearing wrist bands and head bands color rule, logo rule applies and wrist band and head bands must match in color and teammates must all wear same color. Head bands and wrist bands do not have to match color of leggings and arm sleeves. So home team could all wear black arm sleeves and black tights and white wrist bands and white head bands.
Again we r now the fashion police