View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 19, 2008, 02:28pm
Resident VB Rules Guru

Send a message via AIM to MCBear Send a message via MSN to MCBear Send a message via Yahoo to MCBear Send a message via Skype™ to MCBear
Way to go, Felix!!!

Toolman, as Felix stated, the R2 doesn't carry cards in USAV or NCAA. The technique that he gave is exactly what I have done when a coach has earned a yellow card and, even, a red card. I step toward the sideline and tell my R1 that "I need a (supply the color) card on (the miscreant who is going to get whacked with it!!!!))." (Don't you just love it when you can fill in the blank?)

The NFHS technique is solid and I have used it in the past. Here in CA, though, we use the NCAA/USAV technique because as R2's we are told to NOT carry the cards (and before anyone jumps on me to smoosh me down just a little - I know that it is not proper NFHS technique, but when in Rome, become a Roman candle not wet fuse!).

So, scrapper, do as Felix and I have written - if a coach earns a card, step out toward the court during the first dead ball and tell your partner what you need (as long as it isn't a new partner!).
CIF State Volleyball State Championships Referee (2005), Scorekeeper (2006-2007) & Libero Tracker (2010)
PAVO State Referee (2014) / PAVO Certified Scorekeeper (2014) / PAVO Certified Line Judge (2012)
USAV Junior National Referee (resigned 2013) / USAV National Scorekeeper (2014)