The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Wrestling

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 11, 2014, 01:26am
Official Forum Member

2014-2015 rules

Anyone had any discussion yet on any of the new rules or points of emphasis? I haven't seen the new hair cover so that will be something new for this year.
My biggest emphasis for this year is my starting procedure from neutral, I'm going to place more emphasis on keeping both wrestlers back and have a hand in front of EACH wrestler.
Plus learning the new signals and using them properly.

It would really be great to get this sight going for wrestling the same as the other sports so spread the word to officials in your areas and participate when you can.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2014, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Haven't had a lot of discussions since there isn't any real major rules changes. We went over the new signals and mostly covering restarts. Also a lot of disscussion about dealing with coaches when they call you to the table. Also covered working as an assistant ref. Mostly we review the rules and everybody will talk about unusual or tricky senareos that occurred and what we ruled. Then we all discuss what the proper ruling should be that way we all are on the same page.

I need to work on consisitantly using "set" during restarts. Sometimes. I catch myself just blowing the whistle when the top wrestler gets set.
Old Mon Nov 17, 2014, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Saying set hasn't ever been a problem for me at the high school level. It's when you our doing the youth tournaments that I find myself letting little things slide. If you'd call every caution, or borderline penalty you'd never get a tournament done in a day. I know it should be called one way only but if I did call it tight I'd be the only ref there that day doing it.