The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 25, 2018, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Court setup - antenna placement on net

I only referee under NFHS rules but am looking for any reference that might help. Are there any rules or manual references that dictate on which side of the net antennas should be placed? It has always been my understanding that they should be on the opposite side of the net from right side hitters but when I tried to find a written reference recently I couldn't locate anything.
Old Tue Sep 25, 2018, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

I don't have any of my books with me but the only thing I know for sure is that antenna needs to be positioned directly above the outside of the sideline. If the antenna has a strap, the strap part goes over the sideline and the antenna is above the outer edge of the sideline. As for which side the actual antenna is on, I don't recall any rulebook that states one way or another.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 06:17am
Official Forum Member

Tony, you've got it correct.

When I check a combo tape and antenna, I align the inside of the tape with the inside of the sideline, and the antenna goes where it goes. The tape mirrors the sideline below it.

Last edited by Lcubed48; Wed Sep 26, 2018 at 06:26am.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

I understand where the antenna goes relative to the inside/outside of the sideline. My original post was an attempt to seek written rule book or manual references regarding the side of the net on which the antenna should be placed.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2018, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetoy71 View Post
I understand where the antenna goes relative to the inside/outside of the sideline. My original post was an attempt to seek written rule book or manual references regarding the side of the net on which the antenna should be placed.
There is no rule for which side of the net the antenna is placed on, only where it should be vertically to the sideline as the others have answered.
Old Wed Oct 03, 2018, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

We have always been told one antenna on one side of the net and the other on the opposite side of the net.

Looking at the rulebook however that is not stated in the rules. Does USAV have a slightly different rule on this? I don't have my USAV book handy.