The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 13, 2015, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Well How About That....Something New....

Arrived at the site little before 4 for a 4:30 HS game - most of our games start at 4, but sometimes 4:30, if there is distance involved. On my way to the little ump's room to drain the ball bag, get stopped by a parent who tells me "Oh, Team A is going to be late - they had started down, but had to turn back because they forgot their gear! :confused ::eek :

Fortunately, we only ended up being less than 10 minutes late starting, but still.....forgot the gear??? Stick around long enough, and you find EVERYthing happening to you...
Old Thu May 14, 2015, 12:13pm
High Five Master

I can beat that:

Last weekend, the home AD at a tournament informed the crew that a visiting team from about 45 mins away was running late because the bus driver left the school and got 30 mins down the road....ready for this?......WITHOUT THE TEAM!!
Old Thu May 14, 2015, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Had a team show up 5 minutes before game time claiming a different start time. Then coach proceeds to tell me she needs a full 30 minutes to warm up. I give her 15 to get her lineup ready and equipment out etc. She then walks up to pregame and informs me if any of her players get injured it is my fault.
Old Fri May 15, 2015, 08:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBUmp View Post
Had a team show up 5 minutes before game time claiming a different start time. Then coach proceeds to tell me she needs a full 30 minutes to warm up. I give her 15 to get her lineup ready and equipment out etc. She then walks up to pregame and informs me if any of her players get injured it is my fault.
In my neck of the woods, she'd be right. We're required to give them 30 minutes after the bus arrives.

West Houston Mike