The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   New ASA Shirts? (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/95537-new-asa-shirts.html)

Manny A Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57am

New ASA Shirts?

Speaking of ASA-logoed equipment, is there any truth to the rumor that ASA will have new shirts soon? I didn't see anything on the Official Gear website. But I attended an association meeting last night, and one of my colleagues said that there was a new ASA logo for the shirts and hats.

I need some new shirts, and I'd rather not buy any now if they're going to change next year.

Andy Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:08pm

ASA has changed the logo and began selling shirts, hats, ball bags, and jackets with the new logo earlier this year.

The practice so far has been to sell out the remaining inventory of gear with the existing logo before shipping the new logo attire. The official position of ASA for the time being has been to allow either the new logo or the existing logo to be worn even if the partners do not match. It is allowable to wear a new logo hat and an existing logo shirt. This policy is even in effect for national tournaments this year. I strongly suspect that next year (2014), the new logo will be the required attire at any national tournament.

I have heard of umpires calling Official Gear and ordering uniform merchandise and requesting the new logo. If they cannot get the new logo, they cancel the order or return the merchandise. It just depends on what you want, specific sizes, and whether the person you talk to at Official Gear is willing to work with you.

Dakota Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12pm

Are they going red?

http://www.officialgear.com/images/L2009z.jpg

:D:D:D

Can't let U-trip have all the fun confusing coaches... "Blue, uh, I mean Red..." :D

Dakota Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 900138)
ASA has changed the logo and began selling shirts, hats, ball bags, and jackets with the new logo earlier this year.

Great, just great. More change for change sake. More shirts, ball bags, hats I'll never wear again. :mad:

CecilOne Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:31pm

And I needed another shirt for National, but only S and 4X were avail in the new fabric. :o :o
So now another old fabric, old logo shirt with a short life. :( :(

Manny A Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 900139)
Are they going red?

http://www.officialgear.com/images/L2009z.jpg

:D:D:D

Can't let U-trip have all the fun confusing coaches... "Blue, uh, I mean Red..." :D

I do have one of the red shirts. It honors military veterans, and our association allows them to be worn on Fridays for even non-ASA-sanctioned events (e.g., Friday night high school games).

Manny A Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:37pm

Quote:

I have heard of umpires calling Official Gear and ordering uniform merchandise and requesting the new logo. If they cannot get the new logo, they cancel the order or return the merchandise. It just depends on what you want, specific sizes, and whether the person you talk to at Official Gear is willing to work with you.

Yeah, I just called Official Gear to ask, and the representative did say they're exhausting what they currently have before they send out the new stuff.

I went ahead and ordered some shirts and hats to take with me to my National tournament in Florida next week, but will use them only if necessary (depending on how many games I do per day). If I manage to get through the tourney without using what I bought, I'll send it back to them if they still have the old logo.

okla21fan Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 900140)
Great, just great. More change for change sake. More shirts, ball bags, hats I'll never wear again. :mad:

any 'old' logo-ed gear is still acceptable for Championship Play

Manny A Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by okla21fan (Post 900149)

Yeah, but for how long?

shagpal Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:59pm

elbeco?

Quote:

Dakota Tue Jul 16, 2013 01:31pm

Quote:

For now...

okla21fan Tue Jul 16, 2013 01:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 900153)
For now...

I know of a few that still have and wear the 'old' circle ASA logo-ed ballbags in Championship Play. When it is time for you to get new shirts do to wear and teas, the new gear will be ready for you. :D

okla21fan Tue Jul 16, 2013 01:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagpal (Post 900151)
elbeco?

I don't recall those being 'logo-ed'. I remember patches being added to them though

HugoTafurst Tue Jul 16, 2013 03:44pm

Quote:

The practice so far has been to sell out the remaining inventory of gear with the existing logo before shipping the new logo attire. The official position of ASA for the time being has been to allow either the new logo or the existing logo to be worn even if the partners do not match. It is allowable to wear a new logo hat and an existing logo shirt. This policy is even in effect for national tournaments this year. I strongly suspect that next year (2014), the new logo will be the required attire at any national tournament.

Am I correct that the new logo is very similar to the old ASA but has a white drop shadow added.
If not, I just wasted my $$ on 2 shirts and 2 hats. :-(
At least the pants don\'t have logos.

Skahtboi Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03am

I ordered new shirts and hats for a state tournament back in April and everything ASA sent were in the new logo format.

I also found out that the hat sizes have changed. Majorly. :rolleyes: