The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Texas v ASU (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/95171-texas-v-asu.html)

IRISHMAFIA Thu May 30, 2013 08:11pm

Texas v ASU

So far we have seen a possible HR brought back, what seemed to be a foul ball ruled fair and a ball that was staying in the park, pushed out by the same play that brought the first one from the same batter back.

And what a putz the ASU coach is. :rolleyes:

Gulf Coast Blue Fri May 31, 2013 02:42am

ASU coach calling out pitches to his hitters too.........sigh

Joel

IRISHMAFIA Fri May 31, 2013 06:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue (Post 896112)

Joel

I cannot see a batter processing that information quick enough for it to be effect. I would think it more of a distraction to his own batter.

OTOH, if the pitcher dusted off a batter and then just turned and smiled at the coach, I would probably have a good laugh, though I'm not a big fan at throwing at batters.

EsqUmp Fri May 31, 2013 06:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue (Post 896112)

Joel

I always said that the solution to that is to set up outside and then gun the ball up and in. When that batter goes to lean outside and nearly gets clocked, she will learn the true value of stealing signs.

Manny A Fri May 31, 2013 07:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 896092)
So far we have seen a possible HR brought back, what seemed to be a foul ball ruled fair and a ball that was staying in the park, pushed out by the same play that brought the first one from the same batter back.

Didn't watch, so I'm :confused:. What happened?

RKBUmp Fri May 31, 2013 07:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 896126)
Didn't watch, so I'm :confused:. What happened?

2nd or 3rd inning TX batter hits a bomb over F7's head, she jumps, reaches over fence and catches ball beyond fence line and brings it back. In I believe the fifth inning, same batter, same bomb to almost exact same location but about 3' shorter. F7 goes back, reaches up to make catch, bobbles it and pushes it on over the fence.

MD Longhorn Fri May 31, 2013 08:04am

I also thought the foul we dropped in the 7th inning was likely a fair ball - I certainly think U1 who made the foul call after going out, what, 3 steps had a far inferior angle on that to the PU who would have been on the line.

Hook Em!

AtlUmpSteve Fri May 31, 2013 08:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Longhorn (Post 896130)
I also thought the foul we dropped in the 7th inning was likely a fair ball - I certainly think U1 who made the foul call after going out, what, 3 steps had a far inferior angle on that to the PU who would have been on the line.

Hook Em!

Agreed. She was too close, off the line a few steps, and had a very limited field of view and a poor perspective.

No affect to the game, the batter roped the next pitch down the line anyway.

Manny A Fri May 31, 2013 08:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 896134)
No affect to the game, the batter roped the next pitch down the line anyway.

Ahh, the umpire "Get Out of Jail Free" card after he/she blows a call. :D

Jake26 Fri May 31, 2013 09:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 896118)
I cannot see a batter processing that information quick enough for it to be effect. I would think it more of a distraction to his own batter.

I supposed a major purpose was to get into the pitcher's head, perhaps make her try to change the way she hides her grip, make a change in the middle of the game to her pitching routine.

MD Longhorn Fri May 31, 2013 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake26 (Post 896148)
I supposed a major purpose was to get into the pitcher's head, perhaps make her try to change the way she hides her grip, make a change in the middle of the game to her pitching routine.

Based on the way the no-hitter became a rally so quickly, I have to wonder if he did, in fact, get into her head. Also wondering what the REAL reason she was pulled and sent to the pen was... the TH reasons changed as the 7th inning progressed - but I have to wonder if she got that first reason from someone who actually knows, and they were truly trying to figure out how to mask her pitch better.

Andy Fri May 31, 2013 11:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Longhorn (Post 896130)

Hook Em!

[Fanboy Mode]

Of course it was fair! Both of the fielders feet were in fair territory when she touched it! Where the Hell do they get these umpires that don't know that!?! It was very clear on the 6 replays that I saw! Geeeez.....it's a good thing we got that hit on the next pitch or that umpire would be in big trouble!

[/Fanboy mode]

:D

HugoTafurst Fri May 31, 2013 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 896165)
[fanboy mode]

of course it was fair! Both of the fielders feet were in fair territory when she touched it! Where the hell do they get these umpires that don't know that!?! It was very clear on the 6 replays that i saw! Geeeez.....it's a good thing we got that hit on the next pitch or that umpire would be in big trouble!

[/fanboy mode]

:d

:d