The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Text from a local article (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/94735-text-local-article.html)

Andy Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28am

Ok.....RKB spoiled it.....

AIA stands for the Arizona Interscholastic Association. AIA365.com is a site administered and run by the association.

The association is responsible for all member HS athletics in Arizona and also all of the HS officials.

My problem is that this site, that is run by the AIA, is allowing this article to be published that is critical (despite the author's statement otherwise) of the state HS officials.

The AIA has been known to take a very hard stance against a coach or school official that complains about HS officiating in the media, now they are allowing a media member on their own site to do it?

RKBUmp Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56am

I didnt know that was the secret you were keeping. LOL. You said in your original post it came from a website for HS sports, figured it was safe to say where from. Next time message me and tell me what you are keeping secret.

KSRef Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01am

It's an opinion piece and opinions are like a$$holes...everybody has one. New strike zone: Nose to toes, batters box to batters box.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 889926)
Ok.....RKB spoiled it.....

AIA stands for the Arizona Interscholastic Association. AIA365.com is a site administered and run by the association.

And here I though it was a road in Florida :eek:

Quote:

My problem is that this site, that is run by the AIA, is allowing this article to be published that is critical (despite the author's statement otherwise) of the state HS officials.
I didn't think it was critical of umpires. If anything, it shows just how dumb these people are when it comes to understanding not only the rules or the umpire's job, but the game itself.

Quote:

The AIA has been known to take a very hard stance against a coach or school official that complains about HS officiating in the media, now they are allowing a media member on their own site to do it?
Let them talk! Who cares? Just have AIA365 provide a place for a counterpoint along with an invitation to the individual to the next clinic.

BTW, what does AIA365 do on a leap year? :D

Altor Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 889926)

Many associations, leagues, and conferences take hard stances against complaints about officiating. But, usually that's in regards to "Joe Official blew this call in this game and it cost us the championship."

Questioning officiating philosophies, or rules in general, without naming an umpire or umpires in specific is hardly the same.

RadioBlue Tue Apr 09, 2013 02:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSRef (Post 889950)
New strike zone: Nose to toes, batters box to batters box.

New? :D :D