The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   ASA Council Meeting (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/92877-asa-council-meeting.html)

DaveASA/FED Thu Nov 08, 2012 03:02pm

ASA Council Meeting

So who here is on their way/already in Texas for the council meeting??

Andy Thu Nov 08, 2012 04:38pm

I will be arriving on Saturday...Irishmafia has told me he will be there on Friday.

You gonna be there, Dave? If so, first round of Shiner Bock is on me!

DaveASA/FED Fri Nov 09, 2012 08:42am

No Andy I'm not going to make it to the Council meeting, I will be out in OKC in February though! I'll see you then!!!

Andy Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED (Post 861501)
No Andy I'm not going to make it to the Council meeting, I will be out in OKC in February though! I'll see you then!!!

In that case, I will buy the first round at Chisholms!

SRW Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 861511)
In that case, I will buy the first round at Chisholms!

In that case, I'll also go!

IRISHMAFIA Fri Nov 09, 2012 06:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 861462)
I will be arriving on Saturday...Irishmafia has told me he will be there on Friday.

You gonna be there, Dave? If so, first round of Shiner Bock is on me!

You may not want to commit to that once you see the prices here.

BTW #50 of Rule Change proposals has been withdrawn

Bandit Mon Nov 12, 2012 01:04pm

what was #50 ???

Bandit Mon Nov 12, 2012 01:05pm

1-49

He** what are the first 49 ?

IRISHMAFIA Mon Nov 12, 2012 07:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 861769)
what was #50 ???

It was a change meant to change the ball status and base award for a CO violation which prevented the batter from hitting the ball.

When ASA had and what was submitted were not even close and it was neither persons fault. The change sent was not the change offered.

I was easier to just withdraw the change and look forward to next year.

Bandit Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06am

Thursday AM

Understand new rules, rule updates, ect were being voted on this AM. Anyone have any updates ? News?

Manny A Tue Nov 20, 2012 01:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 862227)
Understand new rules, rule updates, ect were being voted on this AM. Anyone have any updates ? News?

From what I've heard, they approved moving the pitching distance back to 43' for 14U A/B championship play, and allowed 14U A/B to wear metal cleats. I don't know much else.

Andy Tue Nov 20, 2012 02:22pm

Here is the list of what was approved:

JO 14U Girls FP change pitching distance to 43'

Approve the new SP only certification mark

Remove 44/375 ball from approved list for all aspect of the men's SP game EXCEPT Seniors

Allows a mix of colored adult men's headgear as long as the colors are that of the team

Remove "headband" from the rule regard headgear. Still approved, just not mandated in color or style

Allow JO 14U Girls FP players to wear metal cleats

Offers specific direction for the confiscation of illegal equipment at National Championships

Clarifies that unreported sub as a batter becomes official when noted and assumes the existing count

Dictates that a coin toss be used to determine home team

Add runs ahead rule of 12 after 4 inning to MP game

Creates maximum runs allowed per inning limit to Seniors game

JO Boys FP now following Men's FP rules as they pertain to required contact with pitcher's plate prior to start the pitch and stepping out of the 24" lane on the pitch

Remove wording in MP game that requires the pitcher to hold the ball in both hands prior to starting the pitch and brings the rule in line with the FP game of only requiring the pitcher to bring the hands together

Change the BR status on a BOO ruling. BR at bat will now be negated if put out during the play prior to the proper appeal of batting out of order.

Also - there was a code change to increase the minimum game fees to umpires working a national championship.

New minimum rates are:

FP - $30 game
Adult SP - $25 game
JO SP - $21 game

IRISHMAFIA Tue Nov 20, 2012 07:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 862923)
Here is the list of what was approved:

JO 14U Girls FP change pitching distance to 43'

Approve the new SP only certification mark

Remove 44/375 ball from approved list for all aspect of the men's SP game EXCEPT Seniors

Allows a mix of colored adult men's headgear as long as the colors are that of the team

Remove "headband" from the rule regard headgear. Still approved, just not mandated in color or style

Allow JO 14U Girls FP players to wear metal cleats

Offers specific direction for the confiscation of illegal equipment at National Championships

Clarifies that unreported sub as a batter becomes official when noted and assumes the existing count

Dictates that a coin toss be used to determine home team

Add runs ahead rule of 12 after 4 inning to MP game

Creates maximum runs allowed per inning limit to Seniors game

JO Boys FP now following Men's FP rules as they pertain to required contact with pitcher's plate prior to start the pitch and stepping out of the 24" lane on the pitch

Remove wording in MP game that requires the pitcher to hold the ball in both hands prior to starting the pitch and brings the rule in line with the FP game of only requiring the pitcher to bring the hands together

Change the BR status on a BOO ruling. BR at bat will now be negated if put out during the play prior to the proper appeal of batting out of order.

Also - there was a code change to increase the minimum game fees to umpires working a national championship.

New minimum rates are:

FP - $30 game
Adult SP - $25 game
JO SP - $21 game

Now that will cost you a beer!

Andy Wed Nov 21, 2012 09:39am

Damn...two months away and I 'm already running up a tab....

Maybe that Mayan Calendar thing will work out.....:D