The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   I saved the Manny (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/92389-i-saved-manny.html)

Gulf Coast Blue Thu Sep 13, 2012 01:29am

I saved the Manny

I was dumping one of my old desktops and came across this in a wordpad file.

I think it might have been from the 90's.......I don't know.....but I will not crash the hard drive until I have looked at everything. ****......I might have some stuff from the late 80's......I doubt it though. I did move stuff to every computer from about 1992 though........

Joel

I will probably find some bits of wisdom from Mike and Steve and maybe a few others in there. Internet and computers are forever baby........lol

Why I do this
I have no ambitions of greatness, no grand desires to umpire at the highest level of the game. I do this for the kids.
I do this to watch 7 and 8 year olds try to hit that danged ball coming out of the pitching machine, and catch it after one of their opponents is successful.
I do this to watch 9 year olds learn how to pitch for the very first time.
I do this to watch 10 year olds start picking up those finer things that make them better ball players.
I do this to watch 11s and 12s REALLY start playing the game the way it was meant to be played and try to guess which ones are going to go far.
I do this to watch 13s and 14s to FINALLY graduate to the big diamond...and see them play like those 7s and 8s all over again.
I do this so that all those kids play safely and fairly by the rules.
Manny Aponte

Gulf Coast Blue Thu Sep 13, 2012 01:46am

[]Rookie softball umpire on the plate. Just a bit excited as he thought he had his first strike out.

PU
"STRIKE THREE!!!"

Batter
"But blue, that is only the second strike!?"

PU
"Yeah, but it was so damn good, the pitcher should get extra credit. Sit down"

BTW, true story, I was on the bases and had a pretty good laugh before getting the batter back up to the plate.
[/U]

I am sure the original poster will remember this one......I think McGriffs.....from the middle 90's

Joel

Gulf Coast Blue Thu Sep 13, 2012 01:47am

Third base coach:
"Looked wide from here blue."

Plate Ump
"Maybe that's why they make me call them from here, coach".

Gulf Coast Blue Thu Sep 13, 2012 01:49am

I will not dump this hard drive until I go through it well.

Joel

Manny A Thu Sep 13, 2012 09:30am

:)

Wow. I do remember writing that when I first started umpiring in my son's local Little League. Back then, I never thought I would transition to softball and turn into a mean ol' umpire. :p

Thanx, Joel!

Rita C Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue (Post 854302)
Third base coach:
"Looked wide from here blue."

Plate Ump
"Maybe that's why they make me call them from here, coach".

I can use this one.

Tgoblue Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32pm

And this is what it's all about LMAO:)