The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 29, 2012, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Do ASA bat rules apply to DeBeer Clincher 12"?

Does anyone know if it it is in the rulebook about the type of the balls that the bats apply to? The clincher is a flight restricted ball to begin with. I don't believe using an ASA illegal bat (like a Freak 98) will give the batter a competitive advantage.

Please help
Old Mon Jul 02, 2012, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
Does anyone know if it it is in the rulebook about the type of the balls that the bats apply to? The clincher is a flight restricted ball to begin with. I don't believe using an ASA illegal bat (like a Freak 98) will give the batter a competitive advantage.

Please help
ASA rules do not make any exceptions for bats. If a bat does not meet the specifications set forth in the rules and is on the ASA non-approved bat list, it may not be used in ASA play regardless of the type of ball being used.