The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Central Atlantic Region - Feb 3-4 (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/85337-central-atlantic-region-feb-3-4-a.html)

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:35pm

Central Atlantic Region - Feb 3-4

For those in the Mid-Atlantic area, there will be an ASA Clinic in Manassas, VA

Click for Registration Form

IRISHMAFIA Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04pm

Clinic has been canceled due to lack of registrations

Tru_in_Blu Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 814042)

Wow. That doesn't bode well.

I sent in my registration for the Region 1 school in Connecticut this past weekend. Also made hotel reservations yesterday. Hope that one goes as planned.

I attended one in Lexington, MA back in 2008 and found it very informative.

NCASAUmp Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08pm

There's a lot of this going around. Is it a lack of interest in umpiring, or do you think it's more the economy making people unwilling to travel (and get a hotel and meals, etc.)?

Or are we all just that good? :D

outathm Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38pm

I KNOW I am not that good, it is just that time of year, the money to spend id not there and the amount of weekends I have are limited. I will be in meetings/clinics every weekend until the start of the college season, in Feb, and even then I have games one Saturday and a meeting that Sunday.

I ahve attended these schools in the past and the money is well spent.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu (Post 814199)
Wow. That doesn't bode well.

I sent in my registration for the Region 1 school in Connecticut this past weekend. Also made hotel reservations yesterday. Hope that one goes as planned.

I attended one in Lexington, MA back in 2008 and found it very informative.

Do not confuse a school with a clinic. Two separate animals.

outathm Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:50pm

I agree Irish, but education is education. All is good in some form or another. I look forward to the time I can get back to a school, but it is not happening in the foreseeable future.

Skahtboi Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 814042)

What???? Does that happen often???? I just cannot imagine.

Skahtboi Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 814200)
Or are we all just that good? :D

Need you ask??? :cool:

Andy Tue Jan 17, 2012 01:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 814212)
Do not confuse a school with a clinic. Two separate animals.

I had heard over the weekend that the National Umpire School scheduled for Bowling Green, Ky. on Feb 3 -5th is in dange of being cancelled due to very low registration numbers.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jan 17, 2012 06:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 814213)
I agree Irish, but education is education. All is good in some form or another. I look forward to the time I can get back to a school, but it is not happening in the foreseeable future.

Trying to stem confusion that WILL occur because someone mentioned a school in a thread about a clinic.

It happens all the time. I guarantee I will get a couple e-mails questioning a national or our state school being canceled.

People today do not take the time to read everything to point. They see, they assume and the next thing you know something doesn't get done or goes in the wrong direction and I'm not just referring to umpiring.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jan 17, 2012 06:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 814254)
I had heard over the weekend that the National Umpire School scheduled for Bowling Green, Ky. on Feb 3 -5th is in dange of being cancelled due to very low registration numbers.

Well, there are a few which may have cut into their market, but they aren't that close.