The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 19, 2003, 05:04am
Official Forum Member

For anyone interested, Henry returned home from playing golf recently complaining of chest pains.

The doctors found 60-80% artery blockage when they catheritized (sp?) him.

Apparently, there is more surgery to come. I will keep the board as up to date as possible.

Old Sat Apr 19, 2003, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
For anyone interested, Henry returned home from playing golf recently complaining of chest pains.

The doctors found 60-80% artery blockage when they catheritized (sp?) him.

Apparently, there is more surgery to come. I will keep the board as up to date as possible.

Thanks Mike, I had wondered how Henry was doing.
Old Sat Apr 19, 2003, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Dear Friends -

I just wanted to keep you posted on Henry's condition. Today he underwent a heart catheterization (sp?). They discovered that all his heart arteries are closed 60 - 85%. So on Monday morning he will undergo a heart bypass (4) surgery. He will be in Intensive Care for two days before moving to a regular room for another couple of days. We need your thoughts and prayers at this time. Henry will be unable to play golf for 3 months and can't drive for 3 weeks. Sounds drastic but we know this is what he needs to do.

I leave home early in the morning and get home late in the evening. Cell phones cannot be turned on in the hospital. But you can call his room until Monday. His direct line is 804-746-2210. His room number is 2210. That will change next week. The name and address for the hospital is:

Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center
8260 Atlee Road
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
804-746-6000

The hospital is about 10 miles from the house. I will keep you posted after the surgery on Monday. Thanks for the many phone calls and good wishes. Our man will come through this with shining colors, I'm sure. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone else you might know. Thanks for your love and friendship.

Julie
Old Sat Apr 19, 2003, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Our prayers will be with him

And hope for a full recovery. Those early in the year meeting would be missing a lot without those stories and laughs that Henry brings

Don
Old Sat Apr 19, 2003, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

timely advice:
was at an ASA Clinic a couple years ago
and Henry gave a thorough spiel about certain game situations
that included calling a fair HR on a fly ball hitting the top of
the foul pole---- something you never see-- right ??
well didn't it happen about a week later in an ASA tourney
I was calling !!!
get well soon Henry !
Old Mon Apr 21, 2003, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Subject: FW: Henry's Surgery

I just heard from Craig Cress that Henry’s surgery went well. He will be in cardiac ICU for the next couple of days. If when he returns home you would like to send him a get well card, his home address is: 310 Southern Court, Highland Springs, VA 23075.

Just received the above message from Bob Savoie.

Old Tue Apr 29, 2003, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

OH YES, OH YES. OH YES, HENRY WAS DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL AT 2PM TODAY - HE MUST RETURN FOR XRAY OF ONE LUNG TOMORROW AND MAYBE MORE TIMES THIS WEEK - NEEDLESS TO SAY HE WAS THRILLED TO HOME - HE SAT IN HIS SWING IN THE WARM AFTERNOON SUN AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT WAS WHERE HE COULD WATCH THE PLAY ON ONE GOLF HOLE - JULIE HAS A HOSPITAL BED ON THE LOWER OF 5 LEVELS FOR HIM - HE ATTEMPTED TO MANUVER 3 FLIGHTS OF THE STAIRS TODAY AND WAS PUSHED TO DO SO - HE ATE A GOOD DINNER MEAL - WE WILL BE WITH THE POLLARD'S UNTIL WED. - VISITS BY THE MOWATT'S AND SAVOIE'S ARE PLANNED FOR LATER IN THE WEEK - (AND, OH YES, HE HANDLED SOME SOFTBALL BUSINESS TODAY)

Old Tue Apr 29, 2003, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
Hey Mike,

It's good to hear that Henry is doing so well. Keep us posted on his progress. (As I'm sure you will )

SamC