The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   DP/DEFO (flex) inteview (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/8213-dp-defo-flex-inteview.html)

Steve M Fri Apr 11, 2003 08:34pm

Interesting. I just concluded an interview with the local press, explaining the experimental use of the DP by Pennsylvania's PIAA. This particular reporter primarily handles softball, field hockey, and girl's soccer. This was the first time I have been interviewed by a reporter since I stopped being a competitive participant in the game.

Steve M

whiskers_ump Fri Apr 11, 2003 09:35pm

Well Steve,

How did it go? Dumb question I know since you wrote
the rule. If you did'nt, you have surely s'plain it
enough on this board where as so everyone that has
every been here and read your post or copied yours
and Dakota's layout on the ruling should have a good
grip on the DP/DEFO ruling.

glen

Hell, I should have been selling the copies I have pulled
from Joel's site and given to umpires and even coaches.

Steve M Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:17pm

Glen,
I'll let you know when I read the article to see what she thought I said. I could not get her to allow me to see the article before it comes out - that way, I could have pointed things out & had her correct them before it got published.

She played ball a few years ago in high school and I may have played against her father a long time ago.

Steve M

Andy Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:49am

Steve,

Let us know when the article is published. If it is available online, let us know so that we can all read it. That is, if its any good!

Steve M Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:39pm

The article came out today and I had to send the writer an email asking that she make a correction - sure would have been easier if she had let me see the article before it came out. Generally, she is not in favor of the DP - or the DH for that matter. Her article pretty much sez that the rule change is taking away from the integrity of the game. As it came out, I'm glad she limited the input I gave her.

Steve M

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 14, 2003 01:34pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve M
The article came out today and I had to send the writer an email asking that she make a correction - sure would have been easier if she had let me see the article before it came out. Generally, she is not in favor of the DP - or the DH for that matter. Her article pretty much sez that the rule change is taking away from the integrity of the game. As it came out, I'm glad she limited the input I gave her.

Steve M

While I believe it would have been easier to allow you a proof, it rarely happens. However, I can't say that I totally disagree with her assessment.

David Emerling Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve M
Interesting. I just concluded an interview with the local press, explaining the experimental use of the DP by Pennsylvania's PIAA. This particular reporter primarily handles softball, field hockey, and girl's soccer. This was the first time I have been interviewed by a reporter since I stopped being a competitive participant in the game.

Steve M

Could you post the article as it appeared?

Is there a link, perhaps?

David Emerling
Memphis, TN

Steve M Fri Apr 21, 2006 04:03am

David,
I don't have a copy of the article any more and this particular paper seems to think it appropriate to only make their online versions available for a fee.

IRISHMAFIA Fri Apr 21, 2006 06:22am

Well, we just passed the three-year mark for this thread

Dakota Fri Apr 21, 2006 09:20am

I think someone may have and agenda going here. Just a guess.