The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Need your input (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/8126-need-your-input.html)

scottk_61 Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:14am

I have just gotten through, finally, putting together a new page on our associations web site for a short NFHS test.
Can some of you guys check it out and let me know what you think and if you have any problems.

http://www.hcuasoftball.org/FHSAA_Softball_Quiz.htm

There is also a short 5 question quiz on the fastpitch page, check it out and let me know what you think about that one also.

This is my first attempt at constructing these type of tests while writing the script for it, so I am not so sure that I have got it working correctly.

I would appreciate any imput you could give.

Thanks

IRISHMAFIA Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by scottk_61
I have just gotten through, finally, putting together a new page on our associations web site for a short NFHS test.
Can some of you guys check it out and let me know what you think and if you have any problems.

http://www.hcuasoftball.org/FHSAA_Softball_Quiz.htm

There is also a short 5 question quiz on the fastpitch page, check it out and let me know what you think about that one also.

This is my first attempt at constructing these type of tests while writing the script for it, so I am not so sure that I have got it working correctly.

I would appreciate any imput you could give.

Thanks

Pretty neat, but I disagree with the answer to #3.

scottk_61 Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:50pm

"sticker"??

There is no "recertified sticker"
The recertification mark is a permanent mark on the bats...
Stickers are a product of local sales people down here trying to sell off their old stock.
There is no provision in ASA for a sticker, just a permanent mark.

This is meant to be a trick question, to get people to think.

oatmealqueen Thu Apr 03, 2003 01:02pm

Really good quiz..

but.. I agree that #3 is incorrect. Recertified bats are legal.

oatmealqueen Thu Apr 03, 2003 01:03pm

Re:

Quote:

Stickers are a product of local sales people down here trying to sell off their old stock.

oops.. right.. trick question it was

TwoBits Thu Apr 03, 2003 01:22pm

I missed the recertified sticker question.

Couple of problems:

Question 8, choice b/d. Is grabbing another player's jersey an AUTOMATIC ejection?

Question 12: I don't agree with d-all of the above. According to 3-2-2 penalty: "Time" shall be called at the end of playing action. The involved batter-runner or runner is out and any additional outs made on the play shall stand.

Therefore, the batter is not "awarded" first base. The defense still has a chance to get the batter-runner out. If you are using the dead-ball table as a reference on this question, the reason they award the batter first base is because all runners are to return to bases occupied at time of interference. Batter runner is awarded first in this situation unless she was put out during the play.

Dakota Thu Apr 03, 2003 01:36pm

Nice effort & fun to take. One small suggestion for an improvement: combine the functions of "Next Question" and "Check Current Answer" - it is too annoying as is if you forget (you have to start over).

scottk_61 Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:42am

Quote:

Originally posted by TwoBits
I missed the recertified sticker question.

Couple of problems:

Question 8, choice b/d. Is grabbing another player's jersey an AUTOMATIC ejection?

Question 12: I don't agree with d-all of the above. According to 3-2-2 penalty: "Time" shall be called at the end of playing action. The involved batter-runner or runner is out and any additional outs made on the play shall stand.

Therefore, the batter is not "awarded" first base. The defense still has a chance to get the batter-runner out. If you are using the dead-ball table as a reference on this question, the reason they award the batter first base is because all runners are to return to bases occupied at time of interference. Batter runner is awarded first in this situation unless she was put out during the play.

Question 8, this is a case book ruling for that situation. The 2003 case book calls for the ejection of the player in this play.
Question 12, again case book and basic ruling is that you have a delayed dead ball THEN you have the other stuff.
Check your dead/delayed dead ball table for this answer.

scottk_61 Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:43am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dakota
Nice effort & fun to take. One small suggestion for an improvement: combine the functions of "Next Question" and "Check Current Answer" - it is too annoying as is if you forget (you have to start over).
Well, I am not smart enough to get the javascript correctly working to get it to check the answer. hehehe
I have tried but it just doesn't work right yet.

Scott K

IRISHMAFIA Fri Apr 04, 2003 07:02am

Re:

Quote:

Should have figured....Fed test.

Reason 37 I stopped doing HS ball ;)