The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Okc (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/61610-okc.html)

DeputyUICHousto Wed Feb 02, 2011 07:24am

Okc

Pretty sure my flight is going to be able to make it. Anyone not going to make it?

DaveASA/FED Wed Feb 02, 2011 08:07am

We will see, we are driving through all this stuff leaving later today. So I hope we make it!! I do know it's going to be rough getting there on all accounts, airports having been closed (not sure if they are open yet) are always fun!! And the roads from here to there aren't the best right now! On main interstate that we have to take has been shut down 4 or 5 times in the last 2 days for various accidents.

Good luck to all and safe travels.

NCASAUmp Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:02am

Talked with Phil K last week, and he told me his flight leaves today. Hope he gets in all right...

Andy Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:27am

My flight is still on as of today.

My understanding is that the storm is supposed to blow through today and the weekend should be clear, but cold.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

SRW Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:54am

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow... gotta go thru Denver, so we'll see.

SergioJ Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:34am

Okay, checked in also for my flight tomorrow. DFW better be open!

Note to self: Pack my tabasco bottle!

See ya'll in OKC!

AtlUmpSteve Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 725153)

See ya'll in OKC!

Glenn Crabtree is at work at DFW; indicates some roving power outages on facebook, but open.

You guys have it easy; I am supposed to drive out tonight, driving thru the night from Atlanta, thru Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. It's all interstate, but the Oklahoma DOT isn't recommending travel yet.

SergioJ Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 725160)
Glenn Crabtree is at work at DFW; indicates some roving power outages on facebook, but open.

You guys have it easy; I am supposed to drive out tonight, driving thru the night from Atlanta, thru Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. It's all interstate, but the Oklahoma DOT isn't recommending travel yet.

YIKES!! U b careful on your drive up to OKC.

IRISHMAFIA Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:51pm

Two hours ago from KR:

All,
The weather here in OKC is improving but still very cold. The roads are better and the trip from the airport is short but still a little snowy. So the good news is the storm is gone from here but still in other places. If you see you will not be able to attend due to travel issues please let us know as soon as you can and we will cancel you off the list. Please have safe travels and those who come I am sure we will have a good clinic.

Safe Travels

Kevin Ryan
ASA Supervisor of Umpires

Andy Wed Feb 02, 2011 04:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 725153)

See ya'll in OKC!

I'm connecting through DFW also...what time are you coming through?
I'm there for about an hour right around noon...Flying American.....

wadeintothem Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:06pm

Im also through Denver.. so see ya .. what .. oh mon or tues? :p Hope to finally meet all of you i havent met and my friends.. c u soon.. i hope!

Skahtboi Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 725160)

There have been "selective blackouts" throughout North Texas today to conserve the power grid. Each blackout lasted around 15 minutes per zone. We went through four of them this morning. They ended around noon, but are expected to pick up again tonight as the power demand increases.

DeputyUICHousto Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00pm

I'm checked in for my flight!

I am due to arrive at 4pm but I may try to go standby on an earlier flight. All of the flights from Houston to OKC arrive on time today so I'm hoping the same holds tomorrow. You blues driving in (3 others from Houston are driving in as well) be careful!!!! See you blues there!

DeputyUICHousto Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:33pm

Made it!!!

Thanks to the generous (not) folks of Continental/United I was able to go standby on an earlier flight and made it to OKC. LOTS of snow on the ground but nothing falling. Hope everyone has a safe trip. See you soon.

wadeintothem Thu Feb 03, 2011 05:53pm

Im here too :)

see you all around!