The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 04, 2010, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Complimentary gate admissiion to ASA national event

We are having an ASA National tournament this week here in VA. I am registered with a local ASA chapter but am not working this tournament. The tourney website says "ASA officials" with a membership card can get complimentary admission. I have a card, but do not know whether it makes me an eligible "ASA official."

Does anyone know whether a standard chapter membership card will get one into this type of event. I would like to go watch some good softball, but I'll have the $12 at the ready if I need it to get in.
Old Wed Aug 04, 2010, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

I'll be in Salisbury, MD umpiring the NSA Men's Fastpitch World Series August 6,7 & 8. Let me know how that ASA membership card works out for you.
Old Wed Aug 04, 2010, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpirebob71
Are you an ASA official? Do you have a membership card? Unless they're talking about the card I have as a District UIC that gives me free admission to any tournament the ASA sponsors, I'd say you're in.
Old Fri Aug 06, 2010, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVA2000 View Post
I'll be in Salisbury, MD umpiring the NSA Men's Fastpitch World Series August 6,7 & 8. Let me know how that ASA membership card works out for you.
i wanna do that. i have done mens fp and not the borats.
Old Sun Aug 08, 2010, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

From what I learned, an "official" gets a different type of card from a general member, and the "official's" card has some verbiage on it that states that they get free admission to ASA events, which my general membership card does not.

However the guy at the admission gate yesterday saw that I had a card on it that said "ASA Umpire" and just waved me thru. I think I caught a break.
Old Sun Aug 08, 2010, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTQ_Blue View Post
From what I learned, an "official" gets a different type of card from a general member, and the "official's" card has some verbiage on it that states that they get free admission to ASA events, which my general membership card does not.

However the guy at the admission gate yesterday saw that I had a card on it that said "ASA Umpire" and just waved me thru. I think I caught a break.
You know, I heard they had some real nice guys in VA.......

then I met the umpires

Just kidding, all you guys are okay by me.
Old Sun Aug 08, 2010, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTQ_Blue View Post

So, how were the games? Catch up with Ronald? Too bad Serg wasn't there, but he won't talk to you unless you are carrynig a bottle of hot sauce.
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 06:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
So, how were the games? Catch up with Ronald? Too bad Serg wasn't there, but he won't talk to you unless you are carrynig a bottle of hot sauce.
That's not true! I'll also talk to you if you have a burrito or taco.
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioJ View Post
That's not true! I'll also talk to you if you have a burrito or taco.
Don't you mean one to spare or share?

Here is a guy that adds hot sauce to everything. Gets up in the morning to brush you teeth, you use toothpaste, right?

Sergio uses Crest wintergreen mixed with Tabasco hot sauce. Or maybe not. Maybe it's Colgate wintergreen.

If Sergio were a fire eater in a carnival, he would add hot sauce to the flame.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 07:35am.
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Don't you mean one to spare or share?

Here is a guy that adds hot sauce to everything. Gets up in the morning to brush you teeth, you use toothpaste, right?

Sergio uses Crest wintergreen mixed with Tabasco hot sauce. Or maybe not. Maybe it's Colgate wintergreen.

If Sergio were a fire eater in a carnival, he would add hot sauce to the flame.
Mike,you've been snooping in my bathroom again. It's Crest wintergreen, not Colgate. And the Tabasco hot sauce is to kill the germs and prevents gingivitis.

Sorry, gotta go. My root canal appointment is in half hour.
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioJ View Post
And the Tabasco hot sauce is to kill the germs and prevents gingivitis.
And you told me that is what the daily eye-opening shot of Jack Daniels was for each morning

Quote:
Sorry, gotta go. My root canal appointment is in half hour.
Yeah, throw a shot of Tabasco and Jack on that puppy tonight!!!
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And you told me that is what the daily eye-opening shot of Jack Daniels was for each morning

Yeah, throw a shot of Tabasco and Jack on that puppy tonight!!!
Here the locals say that the reason foreigners get intestinal problems is because they don't eat enough pili-pili and drink enough tsitshampa. Pili-pili is a hot pepper that makes habeņeros look like a sweet bell pepper in comparison and thsithampa is local corn moonshine. The theory is that what microbes survive one get finished off by the other.

I myself have been back 6 years now and still no problems. Proof positive.