The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 19, 2010, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Easton "wobbles"

There have been a lot of reports of the Easton Stealths having a "wobble" or "click" as they break in. Anyone else heard about this? What are your thoughts? Normal? Not normal? Allow the bat?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2010, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

The bat be broken! The way I see it, the manufacture did not build it like that, therefore it is broken. At an ASA National I attended serveral of those bats were broken and quarantined as per rule.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2010, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

If the Eastons with the black band between the handle and the barrel wiggle, the bat is broken. Normally you have to actually hold both ends to test them for looseness, but I have picked up a few that the barrel would actually flop around a little under its own weight.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2010, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

I've heard repeated reports (though nothing directly from Easton) that this is part of the design of the bat. I disagree, but if these bats are breaking down this quickly, it makes one wonder whose advantage it is to have this design: the player for getting a faster-hitting bat, or the manufacturer when we have to toss these bats.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Fri Mar 19, 2010, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

when stealths do start to fail, the barrel will usually start cracking or splinter at or near the connection point, the point of most stress in those two piece bats. I have heard of worth mutant bats telescoping when the glue failed.

when checking those stealths, the clear indication it's failing is the barrel taper adjoining the rubber. if there are any cracks along the edge near the rubber, it's time to set that bat aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
There have been a lot of reports of the Easton Stealths having a "wobble" or "click" as they break in. Anyone else heard about this? What are your thoughts? Normal? Not normal? Allow the bat?