The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 15, 2002, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

This Monday's Softball Show will feature:

--Live on the show ASA Class A National Champion Elite Softball!

--Ed McIntosh, Sales Manager for Anderson Bat Company, to talk about the company and takes calls on players questions about their line of bats!

--Live on the Show ISA A & AA and USSSA A National Champion
Florida Heat/Nave Plumming/Joe Black/Worth.

--Preview of the upcoming USSSA Worlds, with Rick Lyle, Director of the "C"'s in Texas, with a live preview!

--Results form the NSA Worlds this past weekend.

--More hilarious high jinx from Johnny Ego and Mr. Softball.

--Umpire evaluation from Rick Lilly from the NSA C Worlds in Baltimore and another call from the degenerate corner..all this and more live on the show!

7 PM EST at http://www.thesoftballshow.com

Call in and join the show with questions and comments at 877-913-9739.
Old Sun Sep 15, 2002, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcwpete
This Monday's Softball Show will feature:

--Live on the show ASA Class A National Champion Elite Softball!

--Ed McIntosh, Sales Manager for Anderson Bat Company, to talk about the company and takes calls on players questions about their line of bats!

--Live on the Show ISA A & AA and USSSA A National Champion
Florida Heat/Nave Plumming/Joe Black/Worth.

--Preview of the upcoming USSSA Worlds, with Rick Lyle, Director of the "C"'s in Texas, with a live preview!

--Results form the NSA Worlds this past weekend.

--More hilarious high jinx from Johnny Ego and Mr. Softball.

--Umpire evaluation from Rick Lilly from the NSA C Worlds in Baltimore and another call from the degenerate corner..all this and more live on the show!

7 PM EST at http://www.thesoftballshow.com

Call in and join the show with questions and comments at 877-913-9739.
I checked out this site and was not impressed. Same old BS you expect from players that have nothing better to do with their life than run at the mouth about how they know more about the game than the next guy.

Old Sun Sep 15, 2002, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Ordinarly, I'd welcome the newcomer, but here we have mcwpete who registers for this site, and then uses his first ever posting to SPAM us. Wonderful.
Old Mon Sep 16, 2002, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Reply to previous post

Gentleman:

As always I welcome feedback. First, in reference to the site. I fully agree it needs to be brought to the modern world. We are in the process of making it more involved. Over the next few weeks you will see features on Bat Wars, pictures and articles from the USSSA and NSA Worlds, and debut of several segments that all players will find interesting. It has taken a while to get us where we want to be because of 9-11. Our webmaster works for the government and has spent most of the last year out of the country.

Secondly, in regards to Tom's post. I understand your feeling that way when looking at the message board, but aren't they all that way? I believe if you take the time to listen to the broadcast, either live or the replay, you will find our show to be extremely enjoyable.

Please let me know after you listen.

As for the Spam, well since we pay for the show ourselves, we have no choice but to market it as economically as possible. I aploigize it this upset you.

Please let me know your comments at [email protected]

Old Mon Sep 16, 2002, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Pete,

All I had to do was read the short commentary on ASA ban of illegal bats and came to the conclusion that someone is either too lazy to get the real story, knows the real story, but rather keep folks in the dark and beat up on ASA or is just too dumb to understand what happened.

JMHO,

Mike
Old Mon Sep 16, 2002, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Mike:

Great comment. Our columns are written by players, coaches, umpires, and anyone else in the game across the country. We welcome the opinion and comment. Your comment has made me realize that we need to put up a disclaimer on this issue.

You sound well educated, I would like to offer you the opportunity to become one of our insiders, involving writing columns and having a part on the staff.

If you are interested contact me at [email protected].

If not, thanks for making our site better.

Pete
Old Tue Sep 17, 2002, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Sounds reasonable ("the views of the writers do not necessarily reflect the views of management," etc.) except who do you blame for the poll at the bottom of the page...

Will your team play ASA after the bat ban?
o Never did anyway!
o No
o Yes

How about a poll asking players if they will ever buy another bat from a manufacturer who puts the ASA certification mark on a bat that was never submitted for testing? Or from a manufacturer who sells hotter bats than they submit for testing? Or from a manufacturer who cannot control their manufacturing well enough to keep the bats legal?

Old Tue Sep 17, 2002, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Poll Questions

By all means...send me poll questions. The more I get the more I will use. The poll and the page itself requires the players to provide inputs to keep the information on the level. If I only get one story about the ASA bat ban, then we only get one point of view. Suggestions and inputs are always welcome!

That particular poll question came from Maryland where the ASA program is non-existant. You see the more inputs from more locations will provide more point/counterpoint as oppesed to point.
Old Tue Sep 17, 2002, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

That particular poll question came from Maryland where the ASA program is non-existant. You see the more inputs from more locations will provide more point/counterpoint as oppesed to point.

Thank God you told us that. Now I can call Charlie and tell him to shutdown the website and save his money.

Sorry, but if you want to be considered as sincere, these are the types of statements you need to avoid. And, no, it is not someone else's responsibility to correct you by submiting counter-arguments.

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/mdstasa/

BTW, thank you for your invitation, but I do not have the time to commit to anything. Don't believe me, ask my wife.

Old Tue Sep 17, 2002, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Mike:

Please do not take offense to the fact that ASA is seen but not heard in Maryland. USSSA and ISA have made such a strong push over the last few years that ASA has virtually fell off the map. I played in the ASA B states....two teams! C states I believe had under 8 teams. SAD!

ASA is a great progream Nationally, it is just not that way in MD anymore. I also refrain from blaiming Charlie. He has done a great job in the southern and Western part of the state. Un fortunately a majority of the teams from MD come from around the Baltimore area.

Thanks for the feedback.

Pete