The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 16, 2002, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Smile My apolgies to the entire State of Texas.......

I have been snake-bit..........and I believe that I may have incurred the wrath of the gods on the entire State...........

Weekend of June 7......16U.........rained out........

Weekend of June 14.....16/18U......rained out........

Weekend of June 21.....youth Q.....made it......some rain.....but made it......

Weekend of June 28...18U tune-up...rained out.....

Weekend of July 5....14U State.....barely made it......bad rain Friday evening...

Weekend of July 12...18U State.....rained out.......(sorry glen)

July 15......moved offices 20 miles up the road.......horrible rain.......

July 16......started transfering database to new location......horrible rain.........

I take all the blame.........it is following me.........my apologies to all the umpires (and just regular people)........who have been cursed by my movements...........

Joel

and also for my spelling............

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Jul 16th, 2002 at 09:34 PM]
Old Tue Jul 16, 2002, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulf Coast Blue

I take all the blame.........it is following me.........my apologies to all the umpires (and just regular people)........who have been cursed by my movements...........

Joel
Joel,

If that is true, I think I can take up a collection to bring you to North Carolina. We are in a 3 year drout, and are behind about 15-20 inchis so far this year.

Roger Greene
Old Tue Jul 16, 2002, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Thank-you JOEL

It is the 16th of July and here in BIG D the high today was like 78% and I am loving it. So far no 100%+ days even close here so what ever you are doing KEEP IT UP. I will put up with the few rain-outs we have had

Don
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Joel,

So it's your fault!!!!

I was working an ASA regional in Arizona this past weekend when the skies opened up on Saturday afternoon. The TD managed to get the games that were in progress finished later that night and a few other games played. We finished up the tournament on Sunday.
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Greene
If that is true, I think I can take up a collection to bring you to North Carolina

Roger Greene
Roger -

Will you be working the PONY Nationals this year??

-Kono
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Kono,
I leave Sunday for the Pony Nationals (10s,12s,&14s) in Sterling, Va. I'm listed as an alternate for the 16s and 18s in Raleigh the following week.

Roger Greene
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Joel:

If you are the one responsible for this weather, then I, like the rest of the Texans on this board, thank you. I will put up with a few rainouts to keep this cool wet weather around. In 30 years of living in Texas, I don't recall any summer so cool and so wet. I have yet to have to water the lawn. Keep it up!

Scott
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Talking No, No Rain This Weekend, I have Scheduled a Tournament!

Joel,
With the Rain already.

Be nice this time...I have managed to land another tournament.

BTW, there is also one in Pasadena this weekend. A Qualifier
for AFA. Last one, Nats start on 27th.

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Wed Jul 17, 2002, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

Time to Vent..........Softball Teams (extremely long)

Lauren is playing in LaPorte again this weekend........you going back there??? Lauren said you were NOT real happy with the organization there........

Ok.........now for my rant.....

RANT ON

I have spoken with glen..........(in person and via e-mail) about my oldest's team this year........

Coach of her team recruits what he feels will be the local HS-V teams starting line-up for next year (minus 2 players who are commited to playing for other teams.....1 pitcher and F7)........

He feels it will be good for them to play as a unit........instead of all of them heading off in their own direction to other travel teams........OK so far.......I agree

BUT........(This Year) the head coach and 1st assistant.......are the most disorganized people I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with..........

I knew this coach from my umpiring..........(he has a 22yo daughter and I umpired many of her games when he was coaching her when she played).......and he was a GREAT coach.........always seemed to have it together.

His 1st Asst. is a young lady who I have great respect for........and may have a shot at getting the HS-V coaching job after she finishes college.......

I don't know if it is conflicts between the two of them that have caused the confusion this year or business in their outside schedules or what........(I have to admit......I usually have more time to help......but other matters have tied me up this season more than I would have liked)....

Our local ASA DC always took care of the late forming HS teams in charging the bare minimum for forming a team after the HS season was over.........

For some reason.........this year.......when approached......it was going to be considerably higher to sanction a team compared to years past........

The head coached balked and registered with AFA.........and later we went to a USFA qualifier..........(against my advice).........

To make a long story short........the team qualified for both AFA and USFA Nationals........the team voted and decided to attend the USFA Nationals in Panama City Florida starting next Monday......(July 22).......AFA Nationals start the week of the 29th (this was the Nationals that I had assumed we would go to).......

With my work situation.........there was NO WAY I could attend the USFA Tourney........so my EX and her best friend (whose daughter also plays on the team) made arrangements for the trip (and had to jump through some hoops to get vacation for that week)...........only to find out TONIGHT...........that they have blown off going to Florida.................

Well......isn't that a fine kettle of fish.........my EX.......has guaranteed reservations at a Hotel they booked.......and a week of Vacation that she can't get out of...........so she and her girlfriend and her family........are going to Florida for the week.........(actually.........I think that part is cool........good family vacation).......

I had some long talks with both the manager and 1st Asst. when tournament ball season started..........ALL about goal setting..........and how important it was to have your goals set early.........apparently......my suggestions fell on dear ears......

Well.......to make a long story longer.......looks like I MAY be putting on my coaching hat yet again for the Summer 2003 Travel ball season.........the 2nd Asst. (HE will be the Manager) and I are at least thinking ahead.................grin

RANT OFF

Thanks for the vent........it had to go somewhere..........might as well be here...........grin

Joel

Old Thu Jul 18, 2002, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Greene
Kono,
I leave Sunday for the Pony Nationals (10s,12s,&14s) in Sterling, Va. I'm listed as an alternate for the 16s and 18s in Raleigh the following week.

Roger Greene
We have 2 14u teams - I think both are going to Sterling.

Our 16u team will be going to Raleigh. Look for the CT Rapids.

-Kono
Old Fri Jul 19, 2002, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

In theory, I am off to work a tournament tomorrow morning. What I am wondering Joel, is, will I get it in or not? Will the northern part of the state stay dry tomorrow and Sunday? For that matter, what part of the state are you going to be in?

Scott.
Old Sat Jul 20, 2002, 04:55am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I'm down South this weekend Scott...........

I hope that puts you in the clear.........

We have had a strange yellow ball hovering in the sky the last couple of days here though.............I seem to recall something similar to that eons ago..........

Someone at work said it was the ... "sun".......whatever that is............grin

Joel