The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   May this amuse you today... (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/53838-may-amuse-you-today.html)

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 03, 2009 09:19am

May this amuse you today...

"Church League Softball Fistfight"

This was my night last night!

CecilOne Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:30am

I don't know if amusing is the right word, but ...

Someone please tell me why the umpires are crazy enough to get in the way? :eek:

Dakota Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23am

Were there even any fights in there involving softball teams? Most looked like old (some very old) MLB brawls.

Ref Ump Welsch Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28am

Hey, it's a church league! There's never any fighting in those! (Well, none that I've ever worked in!)

By the way, the one I found "amusing", was the batter that got the brush back and then karate kicked the catcher before heading to the mound. Wow, that was one pissed off dude.

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch (Post 612249)
Hey, it's a church league! There's never any fighting in those! (Well, none that I've ever worked in!)

By the way, the one I found "amusing", was the batter that got the brush back and then karate kicked the catcher before heading to the mound. Wow, that was one pissed off dude.

Pffft... The church leagues around here p1ss and moan the most out of all the leagues (except for the modified pitch leagues).

The fight was along the 3B foul line, and I just stood near 2B taking mental notes.

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58am

By the way... This song is my ringtone for my assignor. :D

outathm Fri Jul 03, 2009 07:43pm

KCG and I met NCASA tonight and this was the first story he told us. Amazing, church league fights. One more reason to start working Slowpitch.

greymule Fri Jul 03, 2009 08:48pm

One more reason to start working Slowpitch.

Be careful what you wish for.

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 612333)
KCG and I met NCASA tonight and this was the first story he told us. Amazing, church league fights. One more reason to start working Slowpitch.

Yeah, it was good to meet you guys! Sorry you had to work with that other Dave, though... ;)

Actually, Dave R. is a really good guy. He's worked extremely hard to get where he's at, and he deserves all that he has earned. I still love picking on him for that mustache, though. If you think it's wide now, you should've seen him 5 or 6 years ago!

outathm Sat Jul 04, 2009 09:17pm

I did know him 5-6 years ago and I think the Haircut is better than the stashe.

NCASAUmp Sat Jul 04, 2009 09:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 612450)
I did know him 5-6 years ago and I think the Haircut is better than the stashe.

Was that before or after he shaved the sides of his head? He had kind of a mullet thing going for a while... ;)

Welpe Sun Jul 05, 2009 01:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 612333)
One more reason to stop working Slowpitch.

Fixed that for you. ;)

outathm Sun Jul 05, 2009 08:08am

I knew him in the Shaved side, mullet times. That was the first impression.

Welpe- I did mean start- It's Sarcasm, just one of services I provide free of charge.

kcg NC2Ablu Mon Jul 06, 2009 05:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 612480)
I knew him in the Shaved side, mullet times. That was the first impression.

Welpe- I did mean start- It's Sarcasm, just one of services I provide free of charge.

yeah canadians... they dont like sarcasim.... and I seem to remeber dave r with that mohawk looking thing back in the day as well... and I cant wait to be down their with him again ... the comment about you too not being on the field together was priceless.

and it was good to meet you as well NCASA!

NCASAUmp Mon Jul 06, 2009 05:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcg NC2Ablu (Post 612832)
yeah canadians... they dont like sarcasim.... and I seem to remeber dave r with that mohawk looking thing back in the day as well... and I cant wait to be down their with him again ... the comment about you too not being on the field together was priceless

What can I say? I've called with him for years, and someone's gotta keep him in check. ;)

Actually, Dave is one of the finest umpires I know, and I would call with him any day of the week and twice on Sunday.